NTT ASTC Sprint Triathlon Asian Cup（Osaka Castle 2018）／Osaka Castle Triathlon 2018
The Executive Committee of Osaka Castle Triathlon 2018 was formed by Osaka City in conjunction with Kansai-Osaka 21st Century Association, the Osaka Convention and Tourism Bureau, the Osaka Junior Chamber, the Japan Triathlon Union and the Osaka Prefectural Triathlon Association. Following the formation, the committee held its first meeting and approved plans for the Osaka Castle Triathlon. This event is scheduled to be held on June 10th in 2018. Osaka City Mayor and appointed committee chairman, Mr. Yoshimura, announced some of the event details.
Some highlights from the meeting:
- Participants safety is the first priority.
- The water purification project has started. It uses micro bubble technology to purify the water.
- Mr. Yoshimura announced Osaka will challenge to hold a ITU World Cup Triathlon in 2020.
- The mayor would like to make the bike course to be placed in circle around the castle.
- The Course and registration information will be posted to its home page shortly.